Minecraft-Style Oval Fountain of Tivoli

This week's 3D assignment was to make a level in the style of Minecraft pixelated cubes. I  chose to model mine after the Oval Fountain in Tivoli, Italy. First, I compiled reference photos to work from. This is one of the stock photos I used as reference:


Then I built the block in Maya and started to edit the UVs. I had to cut the UV edges in order to re-arrange the squares so that it would fit the texture I would later make in Photoshop:




In Photoshop, I made the texture and saved them as targa files:


Then I uploaded the targas to Unreal Engine and used them to make material instances. I ended up with a few different material textures: clean stone, mossy stone, water, moss, and dirt.



Then it was time to rough out the basic shape of the fountain:


Roughly 15,000 blocks later, this was the final result:


A view from the tunnel behind the fountain:


The top of the balcony:


One of the tunnel entrances:



















Comments

Popular Posts